WG39LogoIn neighboring Lancaster County, a local organization known as the Pathfinders of the Golden Trail was converted to the Order of the Arrow and first chartered as Minqua Lodge #519 on September 20, 1956. The lodge was named for a Susquehanna tribe, which inhabited the lower Conestoga Valley, and was known as the “turtle clan.” The name is an Algonquian term meaning “stealthy” or “treacherous.” On September 1, 1971, Lancaster County Council and Lebanon County Council merged to for the Lancaster-Lebanon County Council, BSA. On November 30 of that year, approval to retain the number 39 for the new Lodge was received, and on January 15, 1972, the new lodge became operational as Wunita Gokhos Lodge #39. Wunita Gokhos is translated “wise” or “able” owl in the language of the Delaware. The lodge totem is the owl.

Lodge Chief: John Oechslin

Lodge Adviser: Eric Shea

Lodge Website: www.wg39.org